Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog 6: Personal Directions for The CATW

           On the day of the test, the first thing I will do is eat a full and healthy breakfast, after all no work can be done with an empty stomach.  I will arrive to school before time, so I dont run late. As soon as I receive the passage, I will read it once to know what the passage is about, and than read it again to underline the main ideas and important details that the author stated. After that I will choose one significant idea stated in the passage and make a outline using examples to support the significant idea I choose. On my intro paragraph I will start with a introductory sentences or two, summarize the original passage, and add thesis. As I was taught in class that always quote the significant idea and mention to agree or disagree with the idea on the intro paragraph. Than I will write two body paragraphs each with a reason and example relevant to the significant idea I choose. My last paragraph will be my conclusion, in which I will write few sentences raping up the whole essay.

           Some things I will have to look out for when writing my essay are vocabulary, spelling errors, and how to put my words on paper. I know the type of vocabulary words that I want to use but sometimes I forget their spellings. And the reasons and examples that support my significant idea for the body paragraphs come to my mind but I have hard time putting them on paper. Its like I know what I am saying but dont know how to put them in writing.

           I figured out how to help myself with these problems. For the vocabulary and spelling errors, I will bring a dictonary on the day of the test. And about putting my words on paper, I will make a outline before writing the actual essay. That way I will be able to know what excatly to mention and in which tone, so the reader follows my point of view and understands it.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment